Introduction to VBA for Excel
These courses take place at your company premises
An introduction to Visual Basic for Applications using Excel. Macros are automated and edited using Visual Basic. Programming structures and programming principals are introduced at a beginners’ level.
A knowledge of Excel to advanced level and you must work with large quantities of data on a daily basis.
- Revision on Excel Functions, Named Ranges and Pivot Tables
- Security issues when creating workbooks with macros
- Personal Macro Workbook
- Editing/Deleting Macros
- Understanding Relative and Absolute Macros
- Assigning Macros to Toolbars or objects or command buttons
- Understanding the Visual Basic Screen
- Performing a Macro on opening a Workbook or clicking on a sheet, or any action that takes place on a sheet.
- Show macros icons for a specific workbook only
- Determining the last row of a range and copying formulae to the last row using a macro.
- Coding to Protect/Unprotect Worksheets or Workbook
- Using Variables
- The difference between Input Boxes and Message Boxes
- Using User forms as an interface between the user and the program
- Understanding Private and Public procedures or functions
- The If Statement
- The Select Case Statement
- The For Next Loop
- Do Loop
- Debugging a Macro
- Creating VB Custom Functions
- Protecting the coding with a password
- Error-handling in procedures
- Using Arrays (Introduction)
- Projects to illustrate the importing of a text file and transferring data between workbooks