Microsoft Visio Beginners
These courses take place at your company premises. We need a minimum of 6 people to run this course.
This course teaches the basic functions and features of Visio Professional.
Good working knowledge of the Windows Operating System and proper IT skills
Delegates will learn how to:
- Use stencils, scale and resize objects, draw basic shapes and compound lines, and arrange objects.
- Create diagrams, work with text, apply formatting, work with background pages, and set file and print properties.
- Create network and brainstorming diagrams, set shape properties, and create reports.
Module 1: The Visio Environment
- Visio Basics
- Navigating in Visio
- Using windows and stencils
- Manipulating objects
Module 2: Drawing tools
- Basic shapes and lines
- Compound lines
- Editing objects
Module 3: Basic diagrams
- Planning a diagram
- Creating a basic diagram
- Working with text
- Working with organization charts
Module 4: Formatting drawings
- Formatting text
- Formatting text blocks
- Formatting shapes and lines
Module 5: Working with pages
- Creating and setting up a drawing
- Working with background pages
- Working with links
- Printing diagrams
Module 6: Network and brainstorming diagrams
- Network diagrams
- Rack diagrams
- Brainstorming diagrams
Module 7: Introduction to advanced features
- Advanced layout and connection techniques
- Custom properties